Saturday, May 13, 2006

It's early morning as I write...I woke around 1am and decided to catch up on yesterday's newspaper! Crazy...I know! But I think I'll catch a couple of hours more sleep before finally getting up for the new day. I don't want to even think about food as I had a couple of guests for lunch yesterday and we dined long and well! Great conversation went back, forth and across the table. Some excellent wines were imbibed and far too much food was eaten...as usual. However, it was all very nice. I served a antipasto/i platter beforehand and then hasselbach potatoes, oven-roasted Roma tomatoes and mushrooms. Both of which had been marinated in balsamic vinegar, virgin olive oil, fresh rosemary, oregano, basil and marjoram...with garlic thrown in for good measure and flavour, of course! A filo pie filled with a creamy chicken, asparagus and corn mixture served with a tossed mixed salad of mesclun, my home-grown cherry tomatoes, Lebanese cucumber, Spanish onion (United Nations Salad!) and bocconcini. For dessert, we enjoyed Creme Brulee accompanied by a jelly made with halved peaches and apricots and the juices thereof. At cheese platter followed. Now you understand why I have no appetite today! Lunch was a lengthy affair...slow and leisurely.

I await the delivery of the Sunday paper...hopefully when checking the Lotto numbers, mine will have come up...for once! I live in a perpetual dream, only to have it rudely shattered every Sunday morning! But I rise up again and continue the dream for the following week! One of these times, the Lotto folk will draw the correct numbers...my numbers! Never lose faith, I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment