Monday, September 04, 2006

Crikey!

I'm still in shock over Steve Irwin's death. My tears flowed last night when watching the reports of his death and his life on the news programmes. Irwin touched us all, which is so obvious from the heartfelt outpourings of shock and grief from all over the world. His passion, his energy, his zest for life engaged and entertained us. His unexpected, sudden death has affected so many.

My thoughts and heart go out to his wife, Terri and their two children, Bindi and Bob. I feel for that little girl, in particular. It's so obvious to everyone how much Steve loved his little Bindi...and how much she adored her father. Her dear little heart will be broken. It's so unfair.

Such a tragedy...such a waste of a life....Rest in Peace, Steve....you will be missed.




2 comments:

  1. I, too, will miss Mr. Irwin.

    We had a talk radio host complaining about Oz giving him a State Funeral.

    With all the good he did for everyone, and all the good will he generated, I think the State Funeral is appropriate.

    What he did was for everyone. Not just for himself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments, Don. Steve Irwin's family have not taken up the government's offer of a State Funeral as his father rightly said, it's not what Steve would have wanted. He always wanted to be recognised just as a normal Aussie bloke. It's amazing here, the outpouring of grief that is continuing over his unexpected demise. I know it upset me. He was a good man.

    ReplyDelete