Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Difficult...Sometimes Harsh Decisions Made

I've been reading a debate in another blog that I visit. I didn't add my thoughts to the ongoing discussion about abortion and pro-life, but I did feel like doing so...boy, did I! Instead, I'll make my own comments here.

I believe a woman's choice to abort or not to abort is her own entirely and to my thinking it is not one to be discussed by the masses who have no inkling of what the individual personal reasons are. Nor do they know what the individual is going through, mentally. It's a very personal issue. It's a decision 99.999% of women, when faced with the dilemma, do not take lightly or flippantly. It is something that lives with them forever and ever and a day! It's all very well to stand up on 'soap-boxes' and sprout forth...we all can do that, just for the sake of 'hearing our own voices' (politicians do it all the time!)...but I believe there are certain issues that should not be banded about by all and sundry who have no idea what they're talking about!

I feel the same way about the subject of euthanasia. Until one is face to face with a loved one who is suffering a painful, lingering path to death...he or she has no right to make judgments. I believe, like abortion, the subject of euthanasia is private and personal.

I know for a fact, I don't want to be lying in a hospital bed just breathing air waiting for my heart to cease beating. One thing other than death and taxes that I'm certain about is, I will never let myself get that far! And that, like my thoughts about abortion, is my personal right. Anyway, my loss won't make a dent in the scheme of things...no one will miss me...the memory of me will fade very quickly, I'm sure! It does in life so why should in death be any different! *wink*

Now that I've got that out of my system, I think I might go and pick up a paint brush or two...either that or go for a long drive in the country. There are some beautiful spots around here where I live.

1 comment: